What do I need to bring with me to the Bitcoin ATM?
Please bring either a cell phone capable of text messaging or a valid government-issued ID (e.g. driver’s license). For transactions over $1,000, ID is required.
Do I need to buy a whole bitcoin, or can I buy a fraction of a bitcoin?
No, you do not need to buy a whole bitcoin. We can sell you as little as $1 worth of bitcoins at the ATM. This amounts to a small fraction of a whole bitcoin, but this is not a problem because bitcoins can be divided into tiny pieces, the smallest being 0.00000001 BTC.
Do I need to install a bitcoin wallet on my phone prior to arriving at the ATM?
Does the Bitcoin ATM machine accept credit or debit cards?
Due to the risk of credit card fraud, we are only able to accept cash as a form of payment.
How much do you charge per bitcoin?
The market price of bitcoins fluctuates constantly. The price that we charge varies depending on the location of the ATM. Some locations are more expensive to operate than others for a variety of reasons, including local laws and regulatory expenses. See the specific ATM location page for details about pricing.
How many bitcoins can I buy per day?
Customers may buy up to $15,000 worth of bitcoins per day after completing the necessary Know-Your-Customer “KYC” requirements.
How can I contact you?
We are happy to answer any additional questions, please send an email to: [email protected]
I want to sell bitcoins, does the machine allow me to sell my bitcoins for cash?
We operate both one-way and two-way versions of the ATM. The one-way version allows you to buy bitcoin with cash, but does not dispense cash. The two-way version allows you to both buy and sell bitcoin. Check the ATM Locations page to see if the ATM near you is a one-way or two-way ATM.
What cash denominations does the Bitcoin ATM accept?
All cash denominations ($5, $10, $20, $50, $100) are accepted by the machine.
When I get to the Bitcoin ATM, how do I use it?
- Push the “Buy Bitcoins” button on screen.
- The ATM will ask whether you want to enter your phone number OR scan a government-issued ID (e.g. driver’s license), make a selection.
- If you choose to enter your phone number, you will receive a text message with a code, enter that code into the machine when prompted.
- Next the machine will ask you to scan your wallet. You will need to install a bitcoin wallet app on your phone prior to arriving at the ATM (we suggest Mycelium for android and Edge for iOS).
- Open up your digital wallet app (e.g. Mycelium or Edge). Depending on which wallet app you have installed, you might need to choose “receive bitcoins” or similar to cue the app to display a QR code on your phone. Scan your wallet’s QR code by placing it under the ATM scanner when prompted.
- Enter cash into the cash acceptor, it should blink green.
- Hit “Finalize transaction”. That’s it! The bitcoins will be sent immediately to your phone
Will I receive my bitcoins right away?
Yes, the bitcoins are sent directly do your wallet once the transaction is complete. It takes approximately 1-2 seconds after finalising the transaction for the coins to appear in your wallet.